Geeks in Khakis is able to remove almost all viruses
WITHOUT having to reload the operation system.
Some other companies / technicians will just 'reload
your OS', telling you that is the 'only way to be sure
the viruses are gone'. This isn't true and this
leaves you having to reload your software, backup /
transfer data, setup your email, install printers, etc.
Geeks in Khaksi standard Virus / Spyware removal
package ($109-$159 in shop or $189 onsite) includes the
- Full removal of all viruses / spyware without
having to reload the operation system.
- System optimization / configuration
- Review of current antivirus / security software
and the removal of corrupt security software /
installation of new security softare.
- Note: This does not include the actual cost of
the antivirus / security software license.
Many ISPs (Comcast, AOL, Qwest) include a license to
download a full security product with your email
address. If this is not included, then we
recommend a free Microsoft Security Essentials
Geeks in Khakis provides the following services on
any make or model of computer.
- Virus / Spyware Removal
- Hard Drive Diagnostics & Recovery
- Software Installations / Removals
- General Software Troubleshooting / Issues
- Specialized Software Installs / Troubleshooting
(Quickbooks, Outlook, etc.)
- System Optimizations / System Cleanup
- Anti-Virus / Security Software Installs &
- Wired & Wireless Networking
- Data Recovery (see below)
We can replace screens, power jacks, keyboards and other laptop
parts. Labor runs from $59-$159 depending on the part being
replaced. The price of the part is extra and the laptop must
be checked in to ensure the proper part is ordered before work is
authorized. If you have a question,
call us and we'll give you a quote.
Geeks in Khakis performs the following desktop repairs and
- Motherboard Replacement
- RAM / Memory Upgrades
- Hard Drive Upgrades / Replacements
- CDROM / DVD Drive Upgrades / Replacements
- Power Supply Replacements
- Floppy Drive Installs / Replacements
- Video Card Upgrades / Replacements
- CPU Upgrades / Installs
- Add-on PCI Cards (USB, SATA, etc.)
Data recovery can be performed in many cases on malfunctioning /
non-booting hard drives. We can recovery documents / pictures
/ music / videos and other data types using our in-house file
recovery software. The recovered information can then be
burned to CD / DVD or copied to an external hard drive.
Standard data recovery runs $59 - $159 in shop
depending on the condition of the drive and amount of
data being recovered.
Data recovery can be performed on the following
- IDE Hard Drives
- SATA Hard Drives
- USB Flash / Thumb Drives
- Sony Memory Sticks
- Compact Flash / SD / Micro SD / other types of
flash drive media
Note: Data recovery depends on the physical condition
of the drive / media and may require more advanced
services utilizing our our data recovery partners.